The National Adult Day Services Association held its annual conference in Minneapolis last weekend. It’s always fun to go to this conference. It’s not too big, so I’ve been able to meet lots of other adult day providers over the years. Many have become friends.
This conference is also a great place to identify trends affecting Adult Day. Here’s my top 5:
- Future expansion of adult day and other supplemental services in Medicare Advantage
- Exponential demographic expansion of the older adult population while the size of the future workforce remains steady
- Implementation of Home and Community Based Services Definition and regulations
- Implementation of Person-Centered Care that also engages the broader community.
- Active Day, the largest Adult Day provider in the country, acquires centers specializing in developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- Increased professionalization of adult day
I’ll take a look at each of these trends in upcoming posts.
Leave a comment